Job Openings at ABC North Florida
If you are looking for a construction job with one of our members, we are happy to forward your information. Please contact the Tallahassee office at (850) 385-0060 with any questions.
Internships with ABC North Florida
Based in Tallahassee and Pensacola (with a virtual option), Associated Builders and Contractors of North Florida is actively seeking interns to assist with day-to-day activities while completing projects centered around event planning, member education, political advocacy, workforce development, and networking.
This position touches on various aspects of interest to collegiate students majoring in Business, Marketing, Construction, Sport Management, Education, or Political Science. If you are a student looking for a professional development opportunity to enhance your organizational, logistical, customer service, and/or marketing experience (working within the Business Community and specifically the Commercial Construction Industry) this might be the perfect fit for you.
While your job duties may fluctuate daily, here are some areas we expect to see you grow in:
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Microsoft Office Aptitude
• Critical Thinking/Problem Solving
• Budget Planning & Administration
• Attention to Detail
• Data Analysis
• Time Management
• Video Conferencing Organization
Seeking applicants who meet the following criteria:
Minimum GPA of 3.0
University/College Student pursuing a major in one of the listed fields above or a similar degree
Quality of Work
- Work Submitted by the applicant is thorough, accurate, and timely.
- The applicant is reliable, attentive to detail, and follows instructions.
- The applicant is self-motivated, can individually or cooperatively solve problems, and has an aptitude to develop creative ideas/solutions/options.
Attendance and Punctuality
- The applicant reports to work as scheduled and on time.
Response to Supervision
- The applicant is receptive to constructive criticism/advice from his/her supervisor, applies suggestions from one's supervisor, and is willing to identify and improve upon their strengths and weaknesses.